Wednesday, September 14, 2011

#12: MAT REP-RESENT!. [220811]

SO HERE IT IS!. MY 1ST ASSIGNMENT WRITE UP!~ I AM TYPING THIS WITH BLISS~~ :D

When I received my project brief, I immediately had to rule out my previous idea that I had in summer on what I wanted to do [bummer~]. Initially I wanted to tape a deaf guy to portray the difference in sights and sounds of a life portrait but it didn't work out. After much rethinking, I had to come up with another interesting subject for my video. I thought of a few personalities that I would love to work on/with.

Typical me, I went back to my own "self". Like how my last assignment was a video about something close to my heart [skateboarding/gaming], I wanted to do somein that meant somein to me. Since Hari Raya was around the corner, I thought of doing somein Malay. I happened to see Bancho the Matrep's tweet in my Twitter feed and at that moment it just snapped in my head that he would be perfect. So I tried my luck [and got lucky], and soon enough everything just fell into place.

On the day itself, I met Bancho the Matrep and his cameraman 626 at Little India station. Mainly bcoz we didn't want to reveal where we stayed, but I must say it paid off bcoz I can't imagine doing it at any of ours. Reached LASALLE and explained to em more, and they were pretty game. I had class for a bit so I passed em my EX1 for em to get comfy with. Forgot to put shotgun though, but lucky the scenes were decent.

Afterschool we moved on to a nearby HDB to record the interview/vlog part. For some weird reason, the traffic was rather busy that day but other than that everything went fine and we all got a lil too comfy and lost track of time. We then had to pull a "fast game" which was really funny. What completely caught me off guard was when I saw his eyes. You see the thing about Asians is usually they look good with shades, and when they take it off their aesthetic value drops immediately. But for Bancho's case, he really has stunning eyes. I was absolutely jealous!~ ;)

It was already time to break fast when we left, and we went to dine at the pratashop nearby Bugis. Got to chat more casually and about more stuff so it was real nice. They said I didn't look my age [I don't think I act like one too] which I always find amusing. It's strange bcoz I always think that I am quite a late bloomer, at least in terms of experiences. As in, what I am experiencing now should've happened say, 2 years ago?. Haha.

Anyway, very fun to chat with another Singaporean [what more, Malay] who loves Youtube as much [if not more] than I do. Exchanged video-making experiences [they even watched my embarrassing old videos], and we even talked about money at one point [which I never thought it would come up, I don't even talk about it with my friends] but it was all well. Went to Dhoby Ghaut after our meal and recorded some final takes before calling it a day. It was a lil bit of a pity bcoz Bancho was so much better after the food. Haha. Anyway, it was a beautiful night. Definitely made into my Top 3 Mondays list. ^^ \m/

I was kind of afraid he wouldn't warm up to me but in the end I think I warmed up to him more instead. The fact that we were all at our firsts made things easier. It was my first time shooting entirely on someone else, so I wasn't really confident or know what to expect. It's also a shame that some things didn't get on tape/I couldn't release it, but all's good.

To the haters of Bancho, I seriously have no idea what to do with you. As irritating as he can be, I think that one can't help but find him endearing. Even with the stereotypical vibe, he is just a nice guy with somein to say who likes to entertain and make people happy. He still thinks of me as a "fan" though, and I gotta say after meeting him I've kinda turned into one. I still don't think I deserve to be called his "fan" though [what kind of "fan" watches a video and loves it and then forget about it until eons later], so I really hope that I'll at least get a thank-you from a real Bancho fan for doing this.

And I'm typing this not to boast but to share bcoz I know that some of you girls [and guys] would like to read it. Don't lie. Hehe. What a long write-up. If you are wondering how I remember all this, I have a diary to refer to. Might link up the photos and the other stuff later. There are actually 2 versions of the video, the final "professional" video itself, and this one with bloopers and my talk [Director's Cut]. Check it out!~

MAT REP'RESENT [DIRECTOR'S CUT].

Bancho and 626, major thanks for your help!. :)
And thank you for giving me absolute freedom for my video. :D
Take care and God bless!~ ;)



I HOPE THAT WE HAVE INSPIRED YOU TO MAKE GOOD VIDEOS,
HOPEFULLY ONE DAY SINGAPORE CAN HAVE A VIDCON TOO~~ ;)
I DID THIS MAINLY FOR MYSELF AND FOR MY VIEWER'S PLEASURE,
BUT IF I DONT GET AN A FOR THIS I WILL RAGE. :)
HAHA. THANKS A BILLION AND GOD BLESS~~ ^^ \m/


EZT S8.

No comments: