Sunday, January 29, 2012

#17: ARE WE HUMAN!. [12+ 15 + 20 + 27 + 28 0112]

WOOLALABOOLALA, HOWS YOUR '12TH/DRAGON YEAR SO FAR?! SCHOOL JUST STARTED AGAIN FOR ME SO EVERYTHING'S BUSY AGAIN, BUT JUST WANTED TO POST THIS BCOZ JANUARY WAS STRANGELY KOREAN-IZED FOR ME. AND ALSO TO RAMBLE A LIL ABOUT MY LATEST PROJECT~ :)

Had Baskin Robbins for my 21Y1M. YUMMEH~ :d


*Super Kpop Dance Contest 2012!. [150112]
I have a lot to say about this, but I'll just keep it short and leave many things out. This was my first "major" public event of the year, so yeah. Photos are here and do watch the Behind-The-Scenes/Makings Of below!. ;)


And here's my performance video~ ;) Also included a quick shoutout to everyone who gave me birthday gifts. Thank you!~ ^^ \m/


Still a lil bummed at my performance, but oh well. Didn't manage to come for the first DanceOff of the year, so yeah it was nice to see [almost] everyone again. As in, not everyone came, bcoz some had their JYP/Alpha auditions that day. I hope that everyone will keep at it regardless of the results and whatnot, much love and 이따봐요!~ ^^ \m/



*Cooking Workshop!. [200112 + 270112]
Recently also, I've been back to Korea Plaza for their culinary sessions. Quite interesting to learn cooking from a native Korean, it just feels... different. Not to mention the cultural differences and preferences that I got to know. Gotta love how Singapore is so multi-racial, had a nice time with the mix of English + Konglish + Korean + Malay + Chinese++ :D


Pajeon [파전]
This is my new favourite Korean food!. Quite simple to make and can be interpreted[?.] in so many ways. Shall make this more often with different ingredients, especially CHICKEN~ :D


Japchae [잡채]
Tastes strangely similar to a Singaporean/Malay dish, but I can't put my finger on which. Learnt how to make the authentic version though~ :D



나는 요리사 이싸티!. ;)


Speaking of Korean food, went to Seoul Garden a few days after to somewhat test my newly-acquired skills. Haha. I think I still very much love Singapore/Malay/Western food more though. But eitherway, always love to learn new recipes and taste new food. PERANGAIBABEGEMUK REPRESENT!~ ^^ \m/ Haha ;) [Testing of wideshot at the 3rd photo :)]




*1st Meetup for Korean Learners!. [280112]
If that wasn't enough, I attended the 1st Meetup for Korean Learners at... TomNToms!~ :D Ah, I ate so much this month~ :'( Gotta exercise more in February. But oh well. Got rezeki don't push~ ;)




By the way, got a free coupon thingy [last photo]. 고마워 샤나~ ^^ \m/ She's the one right in the foreground, check out her blog here. The "official" photos are here, and more photos are here. Didn't personally know anyone but just went, bumped into some familiar faces though!~ :D Haha had some awkward moments but it was fun!. :) Glad to meet other language/Korean enthusiasts and get to know each other. Looking forward to the next meet up++!~ ;)




*Random!. :)
A day before the Meet-up was the Kpop Danceoff Vol 13 CNY Special!. Came late and ended even later, but was heaps of fun. Had a projector and battles this time too, and as always, nice to see [almost] everyone again!~ ^^ \m/


Finally watched Love & Hope Tour after re-treating my hair. Think I look rather "Malaysian" in the first last photo somehow. Haha. I miss Big Bang. Seungri come to Singapore again?. ;)






Bumped into BJ Kadir [a local Malay celebrity] during my lunchbreak!~ He was really supernice and even wished me good luck for my future. Terima kasih!~ ;) [I look rather weird in this photo tho :/]


Last but not least, I met another person who has a Dollfie!. :) Gosh been some time since I seen one in real life. I love Dollfies, not quite a Barbie girl or Hello Kitty fan. :P Just love how they are so perfectly versatile to be anything you want it to be, it's not like a standard "beauty model" that you can only change the outside or like a general crowd-pleaser cute symbol. But still, robots over dolls anytime~ ;)


WRAPPING THIS POST UP, my current project is on "Identity". Which is terrifying for me, because I'm definitely not simple and there are just too many elements attached to the notion of identity, what more my own. As of now, I think what's best to describe my identity is an egg. Brown skin/on the outside to a certain extent, then mainly white in the inside [too many British/American/French++ influences], but I have a "yellow" core. But then again, that's such a shallow generalization of what I truly am. What about you?. What is your identity?. ;)


TILL NEXT TIME, LOVE & PEACE,
YUMMY FOOD, MAD LOVE,
MAJULAH AND GOD BLESS!~ ^^ \m/


EZT S8.

No comments: