Wednesday, July 27, 2011

#6: FLY K-ITE!. [220711]

REMEMBER HOW I SAID I MISS DANCE?. YEAH. I ACTUALLY SWORE MYSELF OFF KPOP LAST FRIDAY AFTER KMW, AND HERE I AM AT A KPOP DANCE-OFF.

22 July 2011: *Scape [Infront of Maestro Guitars]
Had a wonderful lunch at BBQ Chicken, and on the way to *Scape walked by an NTUC event and got a free neon orange kite. Thus, this post title :)




Reached and the first person I saw was... Haru!. Signed up, met Tara, Ashley, and Jenny. Catched up, more people started coming, saw some familiar faces. Started a bit late with 2NE1's I Am The Best, which Tara, Ashley and Diane[?.] tore up. Should've learnt the routine, could've filled up the 4-member requirement. Haha.

Since it's an Alpha Entertainment based event, they played Bad Girl Good Girl. Dammit, the moment I got in the circle I forgot the steps so I was a second slow to every move :( In the end I backed out at 2nd verse bcoz it was obvious I didnt get the routine down plus there was roughly a 3 front 3 back formation ald and I was in an odd spot. I hope that I am out of frame in the video lol.

Everyone was still shy, there were two schoolboys who did a bit of bboying, and by this time more people from the kpop dance scene has arrived. It was so nice to see everyone.

Starreseconds did their routine, and it's always lovely to watch. After this the Taeyangs danced to Where U At, and then just some songs like Abandoned [since Jay Park is in town], 2PM's Hands Up [since it was filmed in Singapore] and I think that's about it.

One can only fit how many full songs in an hour~ So I thought of High High since it's just a general dance-y song, and kinda did a mini-fanchant for it. In the end they really played it and I had to dance alone and totally messed up. -_-" Thanks to those who joined though, sorry if I didn't get your names but you know who you are. Thanks to Setsu for filling in for me when I ditched the song nearing the end. I requested for High High bcoz I thought everyone can dance to it. In the end I was kinda the main one. I hope there was no video. HAHA. Still think it was a good song, got us high and only then we started dancing. Managed to squeeze in another last song which was SNSD's Run Devil Run so it was all good and more people danced.

I find it very interesting. I don't understand how clubs work, or how people can go there daily. The first time I was anywhere near clubbing was at my ITE graduation party, which instead of a prom night was an underground dance event [supercool, btw]. It's like, there will be music blasting and people will just stand around and watch. I find it awkward that 1) they're not dancing 2) I'm being watched. Although in clubs when you're watched it's like, on purpose, but this in a mall just felt odd. In this case however it's a kpop dance-off, so most songs are highly routined and if we freestyled we might mess up the other people who are doing em routines. So it was abit hard to join. But what was more awkward that it was probably the biggest circle I've been in in sucha small space. Many holes and it was just so awkward.

Initially I thought it's a battle between crews/solos, but no, it was more of a dance jam/session as opposed to a dance-off?. I am not happy with my performance but I think some others weren't with theirs too so it's okay guys. Not bad for a first, plus gotta give credit to us who actually even danced in the first place. Glad it's like that and that I came though, got to trial-and-error some, LJS voucher [lol], and just meet up to start and get somein going. Strange how people rmb me from Teenage Big Day Out though, bcoz the only time I performed was on the Square2 Kpop Talent Contest, which was a bit over a year ago. Glad that we all still rmb each other :) Went for dinner at Macdonald's after. Here are some pictures!~



STARRESECONDS!. ^^


SGYB!. ;)



HATSU!.



It sucks that people associate kpop with idols and fans, when there is so much more to it for me than that. I am forever thankful of what I got from it, friends beyond kpop. Even when in all honesty, kpop is not really a desirable thing to be identified with in this time.

Confession time, these are the only things about kpop that I know/like:
NO BRAIN [NOT KPOP I KNOW BUT JUST GOTTA SAY IT]
Big Bang [WHAT GOT ME INTO KPOP]
Super Junior
Roughly in favour of:
Afterschool
Miss A
FTI
CNBlue
M&D
Supreme Team
Surface-ly know:
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Change. Bubble Pop. Shock. B1A4.

I love dance and I love my friends, and I am glad that Kpop brought us together and I hope it will bring us closer and bring more new friends. I also sincerely hope in the midst of it's peak, the industry doesn't go downhill like every other genres. With that said, let's all work together and improve ourselves so that we can contribute more/better to the world!~ :) Major thanks to everyone who cheered/clapped/listened/watched/came/cared!~ ^^ \m/

K-ORN!~



FROM HERE ON NOW, THE ONLY WAY IS UP. ;) WILL UPLOAD MORE PHOTOS/VIDEOS IF I THINK IT SHOULD. :) THANK YOU FOR READING, HAVE AN AWESOME DAY. :D


EZT S8.

No comments: